In this episode, we go on a unique mental health journey with Nyree Coke (https://twitter.com/Nyree_JA), who describes to me the evolution of her ‘Mind-Body Connection'. We speak about her exercise and diet fads, how she realized she had a problem that needed to be resolved, and how she found her way out of it.
- Introduction of Guest
- What was the body you grew up in physically?
- What was your perception of beauty growing up?
- Did your family focus on how you looked, or in any way make you conscious of your body?
- At what stage did you truly become more conscious of your body?
- Did your friends or social circle impact how you thought you should look?
- At what age did your negative mind-body associations start?
- Genetic and Family body types.
- When did your fitness journey start and what activities were you doing?
- What caused you to feel better about your body?
- Was Body-shaming a feature of your journey?
- How much does it mean to you to be an advocate for mental health giving your experiences?
- Where are you now?
- What’s next on the journey?
- “It’s scary to show someone your ugly.” - Nyree Coke (On opening up regarding your #MentalHealth)
- “Perfect is not real.” - Nyree Coke #MentalHealth
- “Be happy and present in the here and the now.” - Nyree Coke #MentalHealth
- “Set a Goal for today. Some times it’s just about making it through the day.” - Nyree Coke #MentalHealth