We’ve journeyed through many eras of music that have evoked varied emotions in us, but some always seem to feel the music of the past is stronger. Is music deteriorating? My brother and I talk about music growing up, it’s evolution, and our take on the quality then vs now from our Jamaican perspective.
- Guest introduction, background, musical influences and past experiences.
- What does music mean to you?
- The musical contour of events
- What made various eras special e.g. the 90s vs 2000s vs now?
- Are various musical elements still as strong as they used to be? e.g melody, harmony, chords, beat structure, soundscape, lyrics
- How music and DJs function in parties then vs now?
- Are you comfortable with the evolution of music or is there anything you would want to go back to, or change?
- What are you listening to now?
- Are Jamaican musicians being creative enough?
- Which artiste(s) are up next?
- Closing thoughts
- The choose one artiste game
MUSIC I'M LISTENING TO: