I Chose The Creative Arts feat. Desmond Dennis (018)
In this episode, I speak to actor/writer/director, Desmond Dennis (@desmondedennis), one of Jamaica’s most talented actors, as we traverse his journey to theatre and his current life as a creative in Jamaica.
- In a sentence/a paragraph, who is Desmond Dennis?
- Where in Jamaica are you from?
- Were you a child that liked to tell stories or perform?
- Tell me about early schooling?
- Did you do any acting in primary school?
- When is your birthday?
- Tell me about your high school life?
- Who are some of the forces behind the creative power of Glenmuir High School?
- Are you acting from 1st form in high school?
- Comment on the importance of receiving validation?
- Did you believe in your own talent from early out?
- What are your next moves after high school?
- What kind of subjects were you doing in high school?
- Is acting even a real career in Jamaica?
- What groups were you in university?
- Summarize what ‘Tallawah’ is?
- Tell me more about the productions you have been in?
- Tell me about CARIFESTA?
- What are some of your personal challenges when taking the stage?
- How do you channel a character, especially if you have never lived their lives?
- Do you get nervous before going on stage and why or why not?
- Is there an experience to come out of a character, and what is that like?
- What are the things you find most challenging to do as an actor?
- Do you think people underestimate what goes into the craft of acting?
- Do you regret choosing the Creative Arts and if so, why?
- Tell me about your personal hopes for your future?
- Have you considered pursuing your career outside of Jamaica?
- What words of advice do you have for young actors and actresses?
Join our newsletter
Stay up to date re all things Tlk Trth. We promise not to overload or spam your mailbox :)