In this episode, I take you on a journey through the many comparisons I’ve punished myself with over the years, and how I have overcome many and continue to battle others. I explore the big bad ego and individuation as a means to self-actualization.
- Episode Intro
- Truth Bomb - What do you secretly collect?
- Where I am now in music, medicine and life
- Definition of comparison
- Definition of ‘Keeping Up with The Jones’’
- My Jones’ - Music, Medicine, Daily Life, Gym
- My Music Experiences
- Music - Having a different schedule from my 9-5er friends. Where I reached in the industry versus where I thought I would be. Whether I am good enough.
- Ego as defined by Eckhart Tolle
- There are truths to comparisons
- My Medical Experiences
- Feeling inadequate for not specializing
- Expected assets/income
- Life Experiences
- Not having children
- Negative effects of comparison
- Over-inflated ego and how it manifests
- Resenting others for what they have
- Not being able to be happy for others (Bad mind)
- Talking a lot about your accomplishments
- Talking negatively about others, especially in a public space.
- How to overcome comparison and the desire to keep up with the Joneses
- Develop and awareness of when you compare yourself to others
- Stop yourself from doing it
- Count Your Blessings and make that a practice
- Focus on your strengths
- Accept imperfection
- Don’t Knock others down
- Don’t focus on rank but focus on the journey
- Come to a place of acceptance with your choices
- Use comparison as a motivator
- You are enough - “To Love is to stop comparing” - Bernard G rassett
- Where I want to be
- How I’ve managed to stay the course of limiting comparison
Check out ma marketing girl, Anika Repole (https://www.instagram.com/businesschicceo/) or Chic Digital (https://www.businesschicservices.com/ | https://www.instagram.com/be.business.chic/)
Free Yourself from Your Ego Armor
Eckhart Tolle, author of A New Earth, explains how to break through the shell that separates you from your true self.
Read more: http://www.oprah.com/oprahs-lifeclass/eckhart-tolle-on-how-to-free-yourself-from-your-ego-armor
Check out this awesome Super Soul Conversation: Oprah on the False Power of Ego
Consume this podcast at:
AS WELL AS ON:
Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy50cmFuc2lzdG9yLmZtL3RhbGstdHJ1dGgtamE
Pocket Casts: https://pca.st/Uokq
Connect with Mario Evon at:
Connect with Talk Truth at:
If you are interested in being a guest, complete the following form:
Send us an email to email@example.com, with topics that you'd like us to discuss and any feedback you may have.
In your social media posts, tag ME, @MarioEvon and use hashtags #TalkTruthJA and #METalkTruth and @talktruthja (Twitter only).
Music for Podcast: Reggae Meets Soul (Outro) - Mario Evon
Artwork Photo by Tiffany Lue Yen Photography.
“Given that we are imperfect, focus on being better than where we were” - Mario Evon
“I cannot use someone else's achievements to diminish my journey.” - Mario Evon
★ Support this podcast on Patreon ★